Date(s) - 07/24/2015 - 07/26/2015
Otisco Lake Rod & Gun Club
Category(ies) No Categories
MDTS will be hosting SouthNarc for his Extreme Close Quarter Concepts course in Marietta, NY. The ShivWorks ECQC, in our opinion and many others, a must have course for the defensive gun carrier.
The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a two and a half day (20 hours) block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing marking cartridges and protective equipment.
Topics covered include:
Day One (4 hours):
– Criminal Assault Paradigm
– Unequal Initiative Events
– Managing Unknown Contacts
– Practical Unarmed Combat or In-Extremis Knife modules
Day Two (8 hours):
– Introduction to the components of the Combative Drawstroke
– Building the #2 position in live-fire
– Firing throughout the horizontal line of presentation
– Off-hand fending positions
– Default position
– Basic empty hand blows
– Theory of in-fight weapon access
– Grounded basics
Day Three (8 hours):
– Challenging the potential attacker
– Preemptive weapon access
– Multiple attackers
– Negotiating the F.U.T.
– ECQ Handgun retention in holster
– ECQ handgun retention out of holster
– Handgun recovery
– Handgun striking
Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
– A NYS Pistol License is REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS CLASS
– Reliable handgun
– Minimum two (2) magazines
– Quality holster and magazine pouches.
– 500 rounds of ammunition
– Heavy sweatshirt or soft body armor
– Mouthpiece and cup
– Seasonal weather gear
– Ballistic Eye protection
– Ear protection
– Weapon lubrication and cleaning supplies.
– Good attitude
COURSE TUITION – $500 – A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure a seat in this class. Price includes all range fees.
REGISTRATION INFO- EMAIL CFry@mdtstraining.com for registration details