Date(s) - 06/08/2014
8:30am - 4:30pm
Category(ies) No Categories
The MDTS Practical Shotgun Skills class is designed to start you off on the proper path toward personal protection with a shotgun. An effective and efficient platform with which to protect yourself or family is introduced & utilized. This class is ideal for home defense with your smoothbore. It is set up for the Remington 870, 1100, 1187 and Mossberg 500 and 590 platforms but other platforms can be used in the class.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearm Safety/Range Safety
- Ammunition & Selection
- Modifications & Options
- Four Points of Contact, Mounting & Recoil Mitigation
- Ready Conditions- Vehicle/Home Ready/Tactical Ready
- Shotgun Ready Positions
- Preparatory Gun Handling
- Verbal Commands
- Shooting Response Theory
- Proactive Movement
- After Action Assessment
- Emergency & Tactical Loading
- Slug Select Drill
- Fundamental Use of Cover & Concealment
- A serviceable shotgun
- 300 Bird shot (#6-8 shot)
- 25 00Buck Shot
- 15 Slug
- Eye and Ear protection
- appropriate clothing for weather
- gloves & knee pads
* A pistol is not required to attend this course.
Additional Equipment Considerations:
- Weapon mounted illumination tool
- knee & elbow protection
- note taking materials
- lunch for a full day class
* If a shotgun is not available one may be rented for $35/course.
** Contact us today if you would like to host MDTS at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Practical Shotgun Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
Bookings are closed for this event.