Date(s) - 10/20/2018
2:00pm - 9:00pm
Ontario Rod & Gun Club
Practical Shotgun Low Light Skills takes your shotgun skills and applies them in a low or no light environment. This course provides attendees with concepts and strategies for effectively controlling their environment and potential subjects, attackers or home invaders with light. If you have never fired your personal defense firearm in low/no light conditions this is the course for you. In this course students will learn concepts of firing, manipulating and operating the shotgun in a low/no light environment.
*NOTE* MDTS Practical Shotgun Skills 1 is a prerequisite for this class. No exceptions will be made.
Practical Shotgun Low Light Skills will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms Safety/Range Safety
- Live Fire Diagnostics
- Low Light Equipment Selection & Setup – Weapon Mounted Lights & Sight Considerations
- Priority of Visual Tasking
- Target Location, Identification and Engagement
- Direct & Indirect Lighting Techniques
- Live Fire Shoot-No-Shoot Decision Making
- Proper & Improper Lighting Methodologies
- Use of Ambient Light Sources
- Low Light Use of Cover & Concealment
- a serviceable shotgun with weapon mounted light
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 150 rounds lead birdshot
- 50 rounds 00Buckshot
- 5 Slugs
- eye & ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing
- note taking materials
- cover garment
- Shotgun Sling
- Ammunition Dump Pouch
**** CONTACT MDTS today if you would like to host a class at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Shotgun Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
This event is fully booked.