Date(s) - 05/19/2019
9:00am - 4:00pm
The Practical Pistol Skills 3 course provides individuals with immediately accessible knowledge, skills, and information to properly prepare for an incident wherein yourself and possibly one or more family members may be involved. Understanding the mindset you need to have, importance of pre-developed communication protocols and the dynamics of close confrontation are key to effective protection of others. The vast majority of square range training is conducted in a “solo” context. In this course, after an initial shooter baseline skill level is determined, all drills will be shot in close proximity to a second and sometimes third party. It is strongly suggested that you attend this course with a spouse, partner or other family member since they will likely be the ones you are protecting or perhaps the ones protecting you.
This course is a combination of lecture, discussion, dry-fire and live-fire drills. Practical Pistol Skills 1 is a REQUIRED prerequisite to attend this course.
For safety reasons this course is limited to 12 participants at this range facility.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearm Safety/Range Safety
- Live Fire Diagnostics
- One Hand Pistol Operation & Manipulations
- Response Planning – Team (Spouse, Son or Daughter) Tactics
- Communicating with Family, Contacting & Communicating with Authorities
- Live Fire Protective Pistol Skills
- Challenge & Control of Unknown Subjects
- In-Extremis Personal & Second Party Medical / Wounded Shooter Drills
- NYS pistol license
- A serviceable handgun
- Firm belt & firm holster (NO SERPA OR PUSH BUTTON TYPE HOLSTERS ALLOWED)
- a minimum of 3 extra magazines (5 is better)
- 300 rounds of factory loaded ammunition
- Small lockable gun safe or carry case
- Eye and ear protection
- Hat with brim
- Note taking materials
- Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and sturdy footwear
- Hydration and lunch for a full days class
**Lunch is limited to 30 minutes max and is often a “working” lunch where discussion of specific aspects related to the days class or a module of instruction is presented. Therefore it is highly recommended you bring a bag lunch.
****Contact us today if you would like to host MDTS at your range or facility or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for a Practical Pistol Skills course. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
This event is fully booked.