Date(s) - 08/04/2018
9:00am - 4:30pm
Deerfield Fish & Game Club
Practical Pistol Skills 2 introduces students to intermediate and advanced gun-handling skill sets and drills. Stress and tempo of class are increased as students are pushed to perform previously learned skills and tactics in conjunction with the introduction of new material. Course content is heavily focused upon the combative draw-stroke from both open carry and concealment in varied conventional and unconventional positions in close proximity to target and bystanders. Other course topics include but are not limited to:
* A live fire task oriented skills qualification course of fire will be conducted at the beginning of Practical Pistol Skills 2 based on the skills learned in Practical Pistol Skills 1. Be prepared.
Course Topics/Modules of Instruction:
- Firearms Safety/Range Safety
- Close Tactical Shooting
- Grounded & Positional Shooting
- Reactive Movement/Combat Turns
- Proactive Movement – Shooting on the Move
- NYS pistol permit
- serviceable handgun
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 350 rounds ammunition
- minimum of 3 magazines or speedloader & holders
- sturdy belt & strong side holster only
- eye & ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing
- note taking materials
- cover garment
* If you have a .22 conversion kit for your pistol you can use it during this course but it is higly recommended you attempt to shoot the majority of the course with your carry ammunition caliber. You WILL need a minimum of 200 rounds of regular ammunition which you will be shooting.
** Lunch is limited to 30-40 minutes max and is often a “working” lunch where discussion of specific aspects related to the days class or a module of instruction is presented. Therefore it is highly recommended you bring a bag lunch.
*** Contact us today if you would like to host MDTS at your range or come to us here in the Upstate NY region for one of our Practical Pistol Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training.
This event is fully booked.