Date(s) - 04/13/2019
9:00am - 4:00pm
Oneida Rifle Club
Practical Pistol Skills 1 is designed for anyone looking for the “next step” in pistol instruction or for those interested in protecting themselves or others with a pistol. Proper firearm safety and gun handling is presented with an emphasis on acquiring accurate first round hits on target. As a result this class is great for beginners or advanced shooters alike looking to improve skills and knowledge about pistol shooting and personal defense.
Practical Pistol Skills 1 content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms Safety/Range Safety
- Use of Force/Article 35 Overview
- MDTS Contact Plan of Action
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship & Speed Shooting
- Ready Positions
- Preparatory Gun-Handling
- Verbal Commands
- Proactive Movement
- After Action Assessment Concept
- One Hand Pistol Operation (Strong & Support Side)
- Open & Concealed Carry Draw
- Pistol permit
- serviceable pistol
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 300+ rounds ammunition
- minimum of 2 magazines/speedloader & holders
- sturdy belt & strong side holster only (NO BLACKHAWK SERPA HOLSTERS)
- eye & ear protection
- note taking materials
- cover garment
- Note taking materials
- lunch for a full days class
NOTE: *A .22 conversion kit for your pistol can be used. It is highly recommended you attempt to shoot the majority of the course with your carry ammunition caliber. You WILL need a minimum of 200 rounds of regular ammunition which you will be shooting.
** Lunch is 30 minutes and discussion of specific aspects related to the class is presented. Bring a bag lunch.
**** CONTACT MDTS if you would like to host a class at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Practical Pistol Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
This event is fully booked.