Date(s) - 04/09/2016
8:30am - 4:30pm
Category(ies) No Categories
The MDTS Practical Pistol Skills 1 course is designed for individuals who own and carry a handgun as well as those looking for the next step in handgun and personal protection training once a handgun permit has been secured. In this 8hr. course of instruction fundamental and intermediate skill sets will be presented and then drilled dry fire and live fire. A solid grounding in safety and fundamentals of gun handling is presented with a heavy emphasis on the students ability to manipulate the handgun while mult-tasking or under stress. This is a fast paced, challenging course.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms Safety/Range Safety
- Justified Use of Force Overview
- MDTS Contact Plan of Action
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Ready Positions
- Preparatory Gun-Handling
- Verbal Commands
- Proactive Movement
- After Action Assessment Concept
- One Hand Pistol Operation (Strong & Support Side)
- Intro to Bilateral Operation
- The Combat Drawstroke
- Open & Concealed Carry Presentation
- Fundamental Use of Cover & Concealment
- Pistol permit
- serviceable pistol
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 300 rounds ammunition
- minimum of 2 magazines/speedloader & holders
- sturdy belt & strong side holster only
- eye & ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing
- note taking materials
- cover garment
- Note taking materials
- lunch for a full days class
* If you have a .22 conversion kit for your pistol you can use it during this course but it is highly recommended you attempt to shoot the majority of the course with your carry ammunition caliber. You WILL need a minimum of 200 rounds of regular ammunition which you will be shooting.
** Lunch is limited to 30-40 minutes max and is often a “working” lunch where discussion of specific aspects related to the days class or a module of instruction is presented. Therefore it is highly recommended you bring a bag lunch.
*** Contact us today if you would like to host MDTS at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Practical Pistol Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
Bookings are closed for this event.