Date(s) - 06/07/2015
8:30am - 4:30pm
Category(ies) No Categories
The MDTS Practical Pistol Movement & Cover Skills course focuses on proper movement within a combative environment and the proper utilization of cover and concealment, when available. This is a specialty course limited to these two topics. Attendees must possess a thorough understanding of AND the ability to apply safe gun-handling skills, the fundamentals of marksmanship and weapon manipulation skills. Attendees will be held to a strict marksmanship standard; Practical Pistol Skills 1 is highly recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
Course topics include but may not be limited to:
- Shooting & Movement Discussion
- Shooting on the Move Techniques
- Rapid Movement
- Positional Shooting Overview
- Cover & Concealment Discussion
- Use of Cover
- Application of Solo and Combined Skills Drilling
- Equipment List:
- NYS Pistol License
- A serviceable pistol & Cleaning Supplies
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 300+ rounds factory loaded ammunition
- minimum of 2 magazines/speedloader & holders
- sturdy belt & strong side holster only – No SERPA holsters
- eye & ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing
- note taking materials
- cover garment
- lunch for a full days class
*Price for this class INCLUDES range rental.
** If you have a .22 conversion kit for your pistol you can use it during this course but it is highly recommended you attempt to shoot the majority of the course with your carry ammunition caliber. You WILL need a minimum of 200 rounds of regular ammunition which you will be shooting.
***Lunch is limited to 30-40 minutes max and is often a “working” lunch where discussion of specific aspects related to the days class or a module of instruction is presented. Therefore it is highly recommended you bring a bag lunch.
**** Contact us today if you would like to host MDTS at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Movement & Cover Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
Bookings are closed for this event.