Date(s) - 12/10/2017
9:00am - 4:00pm
Practical Pistol Low Light Skills takes your pistol skills and applies them in a low or no light environment. This course provides attendees with up to date concepts and strategies for effectively controlling their environment and potential subjects, attackers or home invaders with light. If you have never fired your personal defense firearm in low/no light conditions this is the course for you. In this course students will learn concepts of firing, manipulating and operating a firearm with and without a flashlight in a low/no light environment.
Practical Pistol Low Light Skills will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms Safety/Range Safety
- Necessity of Low Light Training- Popow vs. City of Margate,476 F SUPP.1237(D.N.J. 1979)
- Live Fire Diagnostics
- Light & The Human Eye
- Illumination Tools and Tool Selection
- Low Light Shooting Techniques
- Low Light Gun-Handling/Malfunctions
- Use of Ambient Light Sources
- Target Identification and Engagement
- Live Fire Shoot-No-Shoot Decision Making
- Proper & Improper Lighting Methodologies
- Low Light Problem Solving & Strategies
- Low Light Use of Cover & Concealment
- and more..
- Pistol permit
- serviceable pistol
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 250 rounds factory loaded ammunition + 50 rounds of “Carry” ammunition or the ammunition you carry every day in your CCW handgun or have ready in your home defense handgun (example= hollow points)
- minimum of 2 magazines/speedloader & holders
- sturdy belt & strong side holster only
- eye & ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing
- note taking materials
- cover garment
- Illumination tool (2 is better than 1)- some illumination tools are available – contact MDTS
- note taking materials
- lunch for a full days class
* If you have a .22 conversion kit for your pistol you can use it during this course but it is higly recommended you attempt to shoot the majority of the course with your carry ammunition caliber. You WILL need a minimum of 50 rounds of regular ammunition for this course.
** Lunch is limited to 30-40 minutes max and is often a “working” lunch where discussion of specific aspects related to the days class or a module of instruction is presented. Therefore it is highly recommended you bring a bag lunch.
**** CONTACT MDTS today if you would like to host a class at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Pistol Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
This event is fully booked.