The MDTS Practical Pistol Skills 1 course is designed for individuals who already own or carry a handgun and those who are looking for the next step in training once a handgun license has been secured. In this course essential handgun skills will be presented and then drilled dry fire and live fire. A solid grounding in safety and the fundamentals of gun-handling and shooting is presented.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms & Range Safety/Safe People
- Use of Force Overview
- MDTS Contact Plan of Action
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Ready Positions
- Preparatory Gun-Handling
- Verbal Commands
- Proactive Movement
- After Action Assessment Concept
- One Hand Pistol Operation (Strong & Support Side)
- Open & Concealed Carry Presentation
- NYS Pistol License
- serviceable pistol
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 500 rounds factory loaded ammunition
- minimum of 3 magazines/speedloader & holders (4+ is better)
- sturdy belt & strong side holster only
- eye & ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing
- note taking materials
- cover garment
- Note taking materials
- lunch for a full days class
** If you have a .22 conversion kit for your pistol you can use it during this course but it is highly recommended you attempt to shoot the majority of the course with your carry ammunition caliber. You WILL need a minimum of 200 rounds of regular ammunition which you will be shooting.
***Lunch is limited to 30-40 minutes max and is often a “working” lunch where discussion of specific aspects related to the days class or a module of instruction is presented. Therefore it is highly recommended you bring a bag lunch.
**** Contact us today if you would like to host MDTS at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Practical Pistol Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4) or private training (1 on 1).
Find a Practical Pistol Skills 1 class near you by checking out the Course Schedule Page
Comments are closed.