In this course students will be presented with practical solutions for extreme close range problems with a focus on the 0-7 foot range. An NRA basic pistol or MDTS Practical Pistol Skills 1 is required to attend this course. Through a combination of dry-fire, live-fire and hands-on interactive drills attendees will be presented with problems and solutions common to this range of defensive handgun utilization.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Pistol Diagnostics and Assessment
- In-Fight Weapon Access
- Practical Fending Positions and Tactics
- Retention Shooting
- Firing Through Appropriate Extension & Compression
- One-Hand Malfunction Clearance
- Handgun Retention & Combatives
- Handgun Disarming and Fouling
- NYS Pistol License
- serviceable pistol
- comfortable clothing or duty uniform
- 250 rounds factory loaded ammunition
- minimum of 3 magazines/speedloader & holders
- sturdy belt & strong side holster only
- eye & ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing
- note taking materials
- cover garment
- Note taking materials
- lunch for a full days class
*Price for this class INCLUDES range rental.
***Lunch is limited to 30 minutes max and is often a “working” lunch where discussion of specific aspects related to the days class or a module of instruction is presented. Therefore it is highly recommended you bring a bag lunch.
**** Contact us today if you would like to host MDTS at your range or come to us here in the Mohawk Valley region for one of our Practical Close Quarter Skills Courses. We have range and classroom facilities available that can accommodate large groups (12+), semi-private (2-4).